Big In Nagasaki

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Nishi High's "Culture Day"

Last month my students prepared and performed various exhibits/displays for their annual culture day. Here are some photos of the day....
Here the tea club performs a Japanese tea ceremony.

I try my hand at calligraphy. This is supposed to be the kanji character for "love."

Here we are showing off our washi (Japanese paper) making skills. We got MAD skills, yo!

Ikebana! (flower arranging)

Here a handful of seniors pose for PRESS pictures after their play. The theme of this year's culture day was: Ecology! So, the boys acted out a super-hero display of ways which we could all save Earth from evil polluters with gloves taped to their chests. Strange.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A Japanese tea ceremony!!! Plus ilickgreenthings, you are looking great!

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn:
Can I put in my order for some Japanese Kanji calligraphy made by my daughter for Christmas...hint .... hint. MOM

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home