Big In Nagasaki

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Fending Off Boredom

One of my favorite things about Tiddy (and there are many!) is that he plays games with me, or goes along with my schemes. (When I say "games", I mean good games, not bad games.)

Things have been slow around the office lately (always?), so before getting together on Wednesday night, I suggested that we used some of our free time at work to do create a "representation" of us that we would reveal to one another that night.

It was a great way to pass the afternoon, but I felt paranoid that the teachers walking behind my desk might take in interest in what I was drawing, and then I'd have to explain myself and my super hero drawing. As it were, only two people made any effort to figure out what I was doing and after I sputtered something about giving a friend a picture, they just kind of shook their heads and walked off.

Funny enough, we both did a comic book-esqe drawing. I wish I had taken a picture of his to post. It was something called, "The Hawtness": featuring Dawn and Melty Tom. I was a "flash of light" that looked more.... How shall I put it?.... a female body part. And he drew himself looking much like Sloth out of The Goonies. Good times. Good times. Anyway, the original has a spot slated in my scrapbook.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's adorable. Before I read the post I totally thought that one of your students had drawn the cartoon for a class project!!! =)

I miss you so much, Dawn! I'll be emailing soon with my recommendation of a place to stay in Okinawa. I'm terribly jealous that I won't be going with you. My trip to Okinawa was one of my best experiences in Japan.

Sierra

5:49 AM  
Blogger biginkyiv said...

Thanks Sie, I'm looking forward to it. And, I miss you too.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home