Big In Nagasaki

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Rock and Roll

Some of the seniors at my school have put together a band that will preform at the school festival in September. Last week after one of our English lessons, Kotaro asked me to name their band. I told him they should be called "Kohei (the lead singer) and The Four Somethings". He asked me to come up with a "cooler" name. His exact words were: "Something more cool please." So, I returned to my desk, pulled out my dictionary and jotted down a list of random words--some tacked together. I came up with gems like: Box of Elbows, Loud Hysteria, and The Lunatics. As of yet, they haven't picked one. They did, however, invite me to a practice session at Honda Music because I won't be here to see their performance at the school. They were actually pretty darn good. They're doing an Oasis cover and a Mongolia 800 (Japanese punk band) cover. I told them they should stick it out as a band. They might actually hit it big.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home