Big In Nagasaki

Thursday, June 07, 2007

I Miss My Camera

I didn't realize how much I liked to take pictures until my camera went on the fritz. I miss putting snapshots here. This problem should be fixed soon. I took my camera in for repairs. The shop called and told me that whatever the problem was (I couldn't understand what the lady said!), it would cost about $90 to fix. It should be done soon and I should be back to my old tricks again within the next few weeks.

Not much else is going on.

I'm reading In Cold Blood by Truman Capote at the moment. I've just made it through the introduction, the layered setting and the cast of characters, and the discovery of the murder. Now the mystery will begin to unfold. It's a "who done it?". It kind of reminds me of the Choen brothers' film, Blood Simple.

My black belt arrived and Yoshida sensei told me there would be a "ceremony" after school at practice. Now that it's getting hotter, practicing judo has become even more uncomfortable.

I'm going shopping this afternoon with Sato sensei to pick up supplies for our English camp next week. We need candy for prizes and bribery.

The principal and vice principals are out on business today, so the staff room is laid back. The kooky math teacher who sits next to me taught me a Japanese saying. I've forgotten it already, but the translation was something like: When the devil's away, we can wash our souls. I told him that we have a saying meaning the same thing in English: When the cat's away, the mice will play.

T-diddy's been out of town, acting as a tour guide for his mom and brother. I miss him when he's not around. He'll be back tomorrow, though.

Some of my crazy friends are coming over for dinner tomorrow night. That means I have to clean, shop and cook. I guess my Saturday is planned out. I haven't decided on what to make. I want to make something that's easy and cheap and will feed 5-6 people.

See? Wouldn't a photo be a lot better than all this rambling? I think so. My little camera will be back soon....

Steen! Steen! Steen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home