Big In Nagasaki

Friday, May 11, 2007

Two Kilograms

The vacation was a success. I gained two kilograms over the break. It was all the pig's ears. They are just soooooo good.

I am saddened to report that my camera is officially broken, so I've no glorious photos of Okinawa to share with you. That makes me very sad.

I didn't find Okinawa to be very different from mainland Japan. More people were wearing flip flops and hemp bracelets though.

The highlights were:

--A trip to Shuri Castle.
--My day in Kouri-jima. (A very vacation-y vacation spot.)
--Being invited into a grannies house for home made potato mochi. (I was told that I should hurry and have kids. Apparently the older I become, the more difficult having kids is.)
--The beach.
--Sunshine and warmth.
--Lion statues on the gates to every courtyard.

I've been back at work since Monday. I've been very busy planning my next trip.

So, how's by you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home