Big In Nagasaki

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Heading South

I haven't put anything here in a while. My camera is on the fritz and nothing of note has been happening, so....

I've got to teach a lesson on polar bears today (using English) and I think what I've prepared is a little too difficult for my students. I wish I had found something at a level in between the too-easy Time article and the too-difficult New York Times article.

Maybe it will be OK. One of my co-workers read it, and the work sheet I made, and seemed to think it would be alright. At least that gave me a little more confidence to teach it.

I got an email from Tara today. I love getting emails from home. She sent me this picture.

This looks like a lot of fun. (Tara, Jami, Amelia, Shelly and Becca--are they laying down, or are they hunching over?) This, I know, would be more fun than sitting in my staffroom answering questions like, "Which is more common: saying, 'My mother is an early riser,' or 'My mother is an early bird.'?"

Well, I'm going to be able to join them in August when I return to Colorado. Yeah!

I'm going on vacation soon. I'll be flying to Okinawa on Saturday. Mrs. Yamamoto was kind and helped me book some places to stay, so I have a general idea of where I'll be, but I don't really have a plan. I suppose I'll do some sightseeing and laying on the beach. Maybe I'll do some shopping and, I will most defiantly be eating. Um... pig's ears! Um... pig's feet! Um... pig's head!

I guess pig is popular in Okinawa. I'm not so excited about that.

I'll put up some pictures when I get back.

It's a little premature but, "I wish you were here"!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Pork Lord said...

So, when are you going to visit Hawaii?

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn:
Just read about your dreams. Lots of tranisitions in your life, and I am sure that is reflected in the drama of your dreams. Boy are you going to be able to kick butt when you return considerng your judo. I'll do my best to stay on your good side. MOM

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home