Big In Nagasaki

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Party

I absolutely love when I see a genkan full of shoes. It means that lots of people are over and a party is in full swing.
Last night I hosted a dinner party. My friend Yoshino and her crew represented the Japanese contingent and I, along with a handful of ALTs, made up the foreign contingent.

We had lots of fun. Two strings of conversation stuck with me through the booze and sleep and made me giggle this morning.

The first was a conversation near the beginning of the evening between Tom and Allen's friend, Yuichiro.

Yuichiro: (motioning to me) How long have you been married?

Tom: We're not married! (sarcastically) Sometimes it feels like it though.

Me: Hey! You jerk!

Yuichiro: (to everyone) Doesn't it seem like they're married?

And the second was a little later on when more beer and wine had been guzzled.

Yoshino's friend: When Yoshino bends over, I can see down her shirt. She's got tomatoes in there!

Yoshino: I want to be a sexy girl like Ana, so I have to put something in there. (motioning to Ana) She's got melons in there.

Yoshino's friend: Well, if she's got melons in there, then Dawn has watermelons!

Yoshino's other friend: I wonder if this kind of talk is alright? Dawn's laughing really hard though, so it must be.

Good times. Good times. I learned how to say "dirty talk" in Japanese because of that conversation.

motto, motto shimoneta shimasho!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home