Big In Nagasaki

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Civilian Arrest!

Yesterday at the pep rally for the upcoming sports festival, before giving his speech, the principal of our school asked three boys to stand up in front of everyone to receive a round of applause. Two of the three seniors belong to the tennis team and one belongs to the basketball team. I couldn't understand what the principal had said, but heard something about Nagasaki city buses. I was sitting next to the American b-ball coach at the time and he filled me in on the gossip. Apparently, sometime in the last month, these boys were riding the bus to or from school when some pervert started molesting a sleeping female passenger! They helped to catch the guy.

I am really impressed with those students for speaking up. I think it's awesome that they did what they did, and I think it's awesome that the principal gave them credit for their actions in front of the whole school. In a society where problems like these are often not talked about, I thought that, the principal sent a clear message to the students about how to become model citizens.

1 Comments:

Blogger biginkyiv said...

Hey Russ!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home